About Andrés Castro

my-pic-copy-2-copyPEN member/volunteer; listed in the Directory of Poets and Writers; undergraduate degrees in Psychology and English from Queens College (CUNY); Brooklyn College MFA (CUNY); Antioch University Post-MFA Teaching of Creative Writing Certificate; former NYC Department of Education Teaching Fellow and currently a creative writing mentor for the PEN prison writing program and the Creative Writing Club in NYC.

Along with being a USPTA certified tennis instructor for 37 years and holding Head Pro positions at Manhattan indoor and Queens outdoor locations, I have also been a lumber yard hired hand, boiler company driver, cross-country education research data collector, rehabilitation counselor, academic counselor, Metropolitan Museum of Art Special Security Officer, workshop facilitator on boys to men issues, and a poetry workshop facilitator. I am most interested in working with teens, adults, seniors, and teachers in community-based organizations and schools. 

My wife and I have lived in Queens, New York, since getting married in 1981. Our son, daughter, and son-in-law are teachers and school administrators in the U.S. and U.K. 

Bookmark and Share
Skip to toolbar